Hippie Magick


             March 31st, 2014 Logan, Ut. 
The way of Reiki is a journey we all can take; a journey during which time we are both student and teacher, a seeker of truth and the giver of wisdom and each step taken gifts us the opportunity to find the knowledge and understanding we search for. ~ Phillip Hawkins

I started volunteering for Hospice in February of 2014 giving Reiki treatments to those at the end of their physical life. It was an amazing experience working with those close to crossing over. I have beautiful memories of love, healing, and connecting with Spirit while giving Reiki treatments. Although I no longer volunteer for hospice at this time, I will be forever thankful for the opportunity I had to perform that service. I hope to volunteer with hospice again someday.
My mother was my second hospice patient. She was diagnosed with small cell cancer in her liver and colon on January 17th, 2014. It was Monday, March 31st, 2014 at 5:30 pm when I had the privilege of giving my mom a Reiki treatment for the first time. It is another one of those momentous moments burned into my memory that I can see, and feel, perfectly even today. My sister, Moriah, and I had just returned to our mother’s home in Logan, Utah after taking a trip to Denver, Colorado for the Hay House ‘I Can Do It’ conference. After driving all day, we were very thankful to be at my parent’s house for the night before traveling on to our own homes the next day.
 I went to see my mom first thing when we arrived. She was in extreme pain. The over the counter meds she had been taking didn’t relieve her physical anguish at all. We had been with her on Wednesday, the night before we left for Denver. There had been a significant change in her over the five days we were gone. Mom was 84, and this type of cancer is terminal. She had decided against Chemotherapy since it would not make a difference in saving her life. She was finally ready to get on Hospice to control her pain. They had called Hospice every day we were gone, and Hospice had not come to see mom. I believe they hadn’t come yet, because what was about to happen, needed to happen for healing our relationships. If mom’s pain had been managed, I doubt we would have had this same experience. Hospice came to see her the following day after we left for our homes.
Mom had never let me use Reiki on her. She knew I did energy work and that I volunteered for Hospice sharing it. However, her beliefs made her question what it was I did. Energy work was something she didn’t understand. Men held the priesthood in the church. They have the power to give blessings to the sick, or those in need, by ‘the laying on of hands’ and that is how I give a Reiki energy treatment by ‘the laying on of hands’. She didn’t know what to think about that. But, when I asked her if I could please give her a Reiki treatment for pain relief she told me, “I will take whatever you have to offer me. I am in so much pain!” She was willing to do anything that might give her some reprieve from her suffering. I have never been with a person more open to receiving as she was at that moment. It was magickal, beautiful, and a moment in time I will always treasure.
I sat down in front of my mom and took her right hand in both of mine. Soon after this exchange, Moriah came back into the room; she is a Reiki practitioner also. She sat in another chair and took mom’s left hand in hers. Together, we gave mom an amazing Reiki blessing. After a few minutes the first thing my mother said to me was, “How long is this going to last?” She was already feeling relief from the pain. I told her I didn’t know. It is different for everyone. I assured her we would do Reiki on her again after she got into bed that night to help her fall asleep. We continued on in silence, enjoying the pulsating energy surging through our bodies.
            About fifteen minutes into the treatment, the energy flowing through our hands was incredibly strong. I asked my mom if she could feel the energy too. She said she did. Then, she wanted to know specifically what it was we were doing. I told her “We aren’t ‘doing’ anything other than being a channel for the Reiki energy to flow through us and into you.” Then immediately, the pulsing went from just our hands to throughout both of our entire bodies. I have only felt vibration surge through me like that a few times in my life. My physical body vibrated and pulsed with a tremendous amount of Vital Life Force Energy and incredible Divine Love. It was marvelous to me! I was in a miraculous state of bliss being of service to my mom. It was the closest thing to nirvana that I had ever experienced up to that point in my life.
          At that very moment, I had a clear understanding come to me that my sweet grandma Ruby was with us standing behind my mom with her hands on mom’s shoulders. We were a circle of women surrounding my mother bringing vital healing energy to her body, and her Soul, from our sincere hearts to hers. I told my mom that I could indisputably feel grandma Ruby with us embracing her, sending her Divine Love, and her healing energy from the other side of the veil. There was no doubt, she was there with us. My mom acknowledged to me, with tear filled eyes, that she too could feel grandma’s presence with us as well. Quiet tears were flowing down my face too. It was astounding. We had never felt so peaceful, and as connected, than as we did in that astonishing moment. The feelings of Divine Love and the vibrating sensations of pure peace and bliss were exceptionally strong flowing through us all. It was one of the most spiritual, mystical, and sacred moments of my life being bathed in Divine Love energy and Sacred Light energy with my mother, my sister, and my grandmother from the other side of the veil. I will always cherish that experience.  
         Moriah and I both have had our personal struggles in our relationships with our mother, especially since we abandoned mom’s religion. Moriah had left the church many years before I did. In that marvelous moment however, all of our differences were gone. We were united as one in this occurrence. Only love was felt between us while in that sacred circle. It was truly magnificent. My mom was pain free for the first time in months. We continued on in that spectacular treatment for another fifteen minutes by then my mother was feeling good enough to get up and move around again. Once my dad had her, Moriah and I went to the car to get our things for the night. My body continued to vibrate and shake for a while after that amazing event. I will never forget the feeling of connecting all four of our hearts and Souls in vital, loving energy to bring peace, comfort, and healing energy to our mother.
          When we came to mom's room that night to do another Reiki treatment as she fell asleep in bed, my father was watching us closely. He whispered to me, “It should be me doing that for mother.” Moriah had her hands on my mother’s shoulder, and I had my hands on her knees two of the areas she had a lot of pain, not from the cancer, but because her joints were completely worn out. We were kneeling at her side of the bed, we had our eyes closed, and we were feeling the warm energy flow through us. From his point of view, it looked like we were praying over her. He had the power of the priesthood. Therefore, he should be the one giving her comfort by ‘the laying on of hands’, not his two 'evil' daughters who had deserted the church. Therefore, we were not ‘worthy’ to have the Holy Ghost with us. How was it possible that ‘servants of Satan’ were helping her? Again, he felt it should be him providing that peace for mom not his two unrighteous daughters. Grateful for our service, mom spoke a few slurred words that were hard to understand as she quickly drifted off into peaceful sleep. It was lovely to see her finally resting quietly and sleeping soundly. After twenty minutes of treatment, we went to bed as well.
          Mormons believe that the power of the Priesthood is God’s healing power on earth, only they have it, and at this time, only men can use it. Dad had given mom several priesthood blessings since being diagnosed with cancer. I know that her faith in those blessings was strong. I don’t see any conflict whatsoever between someone using Reiki to bless, and help heal others, and a man using the priesthood to bless and to help heal them also. They are two very different modalities.
          I like to compare energy work to radio channels, or frequencies. The priesthood would be on one frequency of energy while Reiki energy is just another frequency. They are two distinctly different vibrations of energy, or channels of energy. If you believe in the power of the Priesthood, there are provisions set in place in order to use that priesthood frequency, not everyone can access it. It has clearly defined conditions attached to being able to use it, if you believe in it. In order to give a priesthood blessing one must be a worthy, male, Mormon and ordained to the Melchizedek priesthood. Usui Reiki, Holy Fire Reiki, Holy Fire II Reiki, and Karuna Reiki® are completely different vibrations of energy as well. There is really only one condition needed in order to access these other frequencies. A person must be attuned to Usui, or ignited to Holy Fire and Karuna, in order to use them. Using both methods of giving blessings is fine; one does not take away from the other. If anything, they harmonize and complement each other, because as I see it, they are all forms of Divine Love energy and Sacred Light energy just like us. 
           I did a great deal of healing myself in those first two Reiki sessions with my mom. It changed our relationship for the last five weeks of her earthly life. It healed so much pain from our differences in the way we view Life. I continued to give her Reiki when I came to see her, but nothing compared to that first time the four of us connected our hearts and Souls in pure unconditional Divine Love and Sacred Light. 
          My father was diagnosed with cancer in May of 2016, two years after my mom's death. It would be a tumultuous seven months for him and I. He died on January 14th, 2017, too recent for me to talk about his death, but I believe a part of my healing will come from sharing the pain he caused me and my family. My Reiki experiences with him were the exact opposite from my mom's. I will write about those, as well as, experiencing his death, speaking at his funeral, and the reading of his will with my siblings at some point in the future. But for now, it is too painful to write, think of, or speak much about him. I will post more about my mother's experience with death and our connection after she crossed over before I write about my father's.  

Namaste!

www.sacredlights.net
www.iamsacredlight.com
www.secretsfromtheuniverse.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sacred Secretion

The story of Santa Claus(trum).

The Mystery of Naronia