Sacred Water




Sacred Light; we are Light! and, I love this scripture in Matthew about Light. I believe this scripture has more than one meaning, of course most scriptures do. To me, it refers to our third eye; especially, while we are in meditation; making our eyes single, by focusing on the third eye, will absolutely fill the body with Light. Also, when I think about 'thine eye be single', I think about the two sides of our brain; the Sacred Masculine, represented in the Left side of the brain and the Sacred Feminine, represented in the Right side of the brain. If those two energies are balanced, in harmony and work together as a single energy then we are truly One; then, we are overflowing with Light! I believe, Sunlight represents this Sacred Light within.  

     I love this picture of my water sitting in the sunlight. The sacred rays of the sun are shining so beautifully and colorfully on the bottles of sacred water. Every morning I prepare my kids lunches at 6 am. Then, I prepare my sacred water that I will drink throughout the day. I fill a 24 oz blue, glass bottle with filtered water; and, I prepare homemade lemonade in a 64 oz plastic bottle. The lemonade has the juice of 3 organic lemons, a dash of cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 6-8 TBS grade B organic maple syrup and two or three fresh basil leaves. Before I set both bottles on my porch railing to absorb the first rays of sunlight, I bless them with loving, healing, Holy Fire, Reiki energy. The first rays of light will touch my Reiki prepared water, infusing it with the energy of the sun. I know this sounds crazy; but, I swear my water tastes sweeter and fresher when it's been sitting in the early morning sunlight. 

     I have exactly two weeks left to prepare to go on my Vision Quest. Drinking at least 11 cups of water every day is one part of my preparation. It is something I will continue to do afterwards as well. Water is sacred, just like the sunlight. The Lakota call water, 'mni'. 'Mni' is 'pejuta' meaning medicine. Water is medicine for our bodies. We are mostly water; and, we can't live long without it. I will be offered 'pejuta' twice in the day; once in the morning and once at night during those three days on the mountain. This summer I gained a new appreciation for water. 

This is the Weber river. I had a very sacred, healing experience at a women's retreat last month. I was able to baptize myself in this river; however, not for a religion; it was a sacred ritual of cleansing and purifying my body and soul that I will never forget. Since that sanctifying experience of immersing myself in the cold, clear mountain river, I have looked at water in a new way. I can't take a drink of it now without thanking it.

       I love the work of Masaru Emotto. He said, "Water has a memory and carries with it our thoughts and prayers. As you yourself are water, no matter where you are, your prayers will be carried to the rest of the world. To understand water is to understand the Cosmos, the marvels of Nature and Life itself." 

I bless and thank the water every time I take a drink; making it a habit for life. I am sure my appreciation will grow even stronger as I am deprived of this sacred resource while mediating on the mountain. Right now, I can only imagine how I will feel without this life giving gift. I truly hope I will never take if for granted again. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sacred Secretion

The story of Santa Claus(trum).

The Mystery of Naronia