Zero... The Truth of Who I Am


 Remember the clear light, the pure clear white light from which everything in the universe comes, to which everything in the universe returns; the original nature of your own mind, the natural state of the universe, un-manifest. Let go into the clear light, trust it, and merge with it. It is your own true nature; it is home. ~ The Tibetan Book of the Dead


The truth of who I am, and the truth of who you are, is the most powerful and significant knowledge we possess. Yet, most of us don’t remember this truth, because in order to remember the truth of who you are, you need to forget about who 'they' have told you to be. The truth is we are purely Sacred Light energy and Divine Love energy. I didn’t remember this truth until recently.

          This post is titled 'Zero’ for a significant reason. Zero represents the void from which we all come; therefore, 'Zero' represents everything and nothing all at once. Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len worked under Morrnah Nalamaku Simeona learning the updated Ho’oponopono prayer. He says this about the meaning of Life, The only purpose in your life and mine is the restoration of our Identity, our mind, back to its original state of void, or zero, of purity of heart, through non-stop cleaning. It is in the void, at zero, where Divine Love resides, providing inspiration for perfect relationships, perfect health, and perfect wealth…. Only Divine Love can transmute toxic memories into pure energies. Divine Love is the only source of Inspiration and enlightenment...” Dr. Ihaleakala says answering this one question is the most important thing we must accomplish in our lifetime. It is… who am I?

          I think of Earth life like the teardrop crystal prism that hangs in the window of my Reiki room. In the morning, when the sunlight is coming through the window it strikes that crystal prism creating beautiful, little rainbows all across the room. It’s magical. It’s my favorite place to start the day as I sit and sip my freshly made lemon, ginger, and honey tea before doing my morning mediation. I love watching the sparkling rainbows dance all across my Reiki room. It's magical, It brings joy to my heart. It reminds me that we are like the sunlight that shines through my crystal prism. We are all truly Sacred Light energy, pure Cosmic Christos Consciousness, which has lowered its vibration in order to descend to Earth to use a physical body for a while. When our Sacred Light, our Cosmic Christos Consciousness, enters the body and uses the mind, it is like when light enters a crystal prism. The light going through the crystal is divided into the seven colors of a rainbow. White Light goes in and a rainbow comes out, just like when we see a rainbow in the sky. The sunlight has become many colors. ‘The one’ becomes ‘the many’. We are all ‘the One’. But in this physical existence, we are predisposed to focusing on ‘the many’. We are obsessed with the rainbow, the illusion. We forget this truth of who we are. We forget this truth about everyone.

          Our awareness is centered on the five physical senses, and the objective differences, which we see in everyone. When we are focused only on the body and the mind, we believe we are all separate from each other and separate from God, or the Universe, as well, not united as ‘One’. We have been taught to rely only on our five objective senses, but in actuality, we have many more senses that just those five. What is commonly called our ‘sixth sense’ is our union with 'God'. We just can’t observe it like the other five physical senses, but it doesn’t make it any less real. We can’t physically observe the cells in our body working, reproducing, and dividing but we know that they are. Our intuition, our inspiration, our heart space is our sixth sense.

The mind and the body function as the crystal prism. It is mostly through the mind that we are divided into ‘the many’. Therefore, it is through the mind that we can bring ‘the many’ back into ‘the One’. Change must first happen at the level of the mind in order for us to remember the truth of which we are created. We are not separate from God or each other at all. Truthfully, we are all intimately connected. A good analogy of this spiritual truth is the oak tree. This great tree divides its life into thousands of little acorns, each having the potentiality to become a mighty oak tree when they are immersed into the soil and nourished. So it is with God, or the Creator. God breaks his ‘Oneness’ into fractions, or ‘seeds’, Cosmic Christos Consciousnesses, and imparts these fragments into every human soul, this ancient Sacred Light is within us all. “We are like the little branch that quivers during a storm, doubting our strength and forgetting that we are the tree-deeply rooted to withstand all life’s upheavals.” (Dodinsky) We are a reflection of our Creator; the microcosm is the mirror image of the Macrocosm.

When we die, I believe our Life, our essence, will continue on as Sacred Light, Divine Love, and Cosmic Christos Consciousness. “I and my Father are one” is a statement Jesus made in John 10:30. It is a significant statement about all of us. Our fundamental connection to God is what makes us all exceptionally powerful! This power manifests from within us when we remember, acknowledge, and live this transcendent truth; we are all ‘the One’. Our quest in life is to be mindful of this before we breathe our last precious breath, and go home into the beautiful, lucid, white Sacred Light of God from which we were created.

         Marianne Williamson, in her book A Return to Love said, “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.  I didn’t always understand, or appreciate, the fact that I am truly powerful. Actually, for most of my life, I felt very powerless. I was unaware of this celestial spark of heavenly Sacred Light wanting to shine luminously forth from within me.

          I was living my existence the way I was told was right. But, it didn’t feel right to me. I thought that questioning my beliefs about Life was the same as questioning God. I was taught that God will not be mocked. If I questioned what I had been taught about God that was the same as mocking God. Who was I to question Him? Who was I to doubt what ‘the church’ said about Him? Who was I to doubt my faith? Who was I anyway? I believed I was nobody; nobody worthy of questioning the truth as I had been told it as a child, that is who I was.

          Growing up, I was repeatedly told that I was exceptionally lucky and extremely special because I was born into the one true religion out of all the religions in the entire world, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints; in other words, the Mormons, or the L.D.S Church. Out of all the billions of people on this planet, and the thousands of religions, I was born into a family that believed in the one and only correct faith on this earth; the only church that has all the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth! What are the odds of that? I was taught that Mormonism was the only true path to reach Heaven. It was the only way to be with those who you’ve loved after you die. I had to be a good, faithful Mormon, and endure to the end if I wanted to be with my family in the afterlife. I had been born into God’s only true church. If I doubted that fact, I was throwing away a precious gift from God, and rejecting God outright. How could I doubt that gift, or even question it? I didn’t. I never questioned it; until, I broke.
           
           Breaking changed everything for me! In my most weakened state, I become conscious of my true strength. When you have nothing left to lose, you become fearless. The fear of God, the Church, my parents, and what others would think of me if I changed my mind was now gone. (For the whole story of my 'breaking' read my post Dark Night of the Soul parts 1 & 2.) I was discovering and reclaiming my power. Shattering was the ultimate compensation for my many years of endeavoring to live a Life that was established just because of my Mormon lineage. Mormonism never felt like ‘my’ path. It was definitely my family’s path, but I stuck to that way of thinking too, and believed in it all. Until, I was finally able to truly see another way to look at Life. I know that Mormonism had a big part to play in my life. Thankfully, it was only the first act, after my 'intermission', my ‘mid-life crisis’, the second act would amazingly take off, showing me there is so much more to Life than I once thought. In reality, Life is far more fabulous than I ever could have ever accurately imagined!
          
            One motive I have for sharing my story this blog is that maybe it will help someone else realize it is okay to question deeply held beliefs before you break. Carl Jung said, “Thoroughly unprepared, we take the step into the afternoon of life. Worse still, we take this step with the false presupposition that our truths and our ideals will serve us as hitherto. But, we cannot live the afternoon of life according to the program of life’s morning, for what was great in the morning will be little at evening and what in the morning was true, at evening will have become a lie.” I have come to understand clearly that what served me best in the morning of my life doesn’t serve me well in the afternoon of my life. I’ve learned it is okay to question and drop deeply held beliefs that no longer serve you at any time, young, middle aged, or elderly. Mormonism was true for me in the morning of my life. It did give me valuable experiences through the course of living it. However, it had become a lie for me in the afternoon of my life. Mormonism was not working for me any longer, and I was miserable trying to pretend that it was.

          Kim Bayne said, “In order to really change, we must first awaken… awaken from a life that no longer serves us, to become aware of a better way of life, a better way of thinking, to know there is more, to feel more, and to be more… to not just simply exist, because that just isn’t enough anymore.” You can’t awaken anyone until they are truly ready to awaken. That is something that I would have to learn over and over again after leaving the church. It is why I didn’t question it before I broke. Even though I was clearly unhappy with my Life, I didn’t doubt the church, until I was really ready to be awakened to the truth of their deceptions. For once you truly, clearly see it; you can’t un-see it.

         Deepak Chopra has said, “Religion is belief in someone else’s experience. Spirituality is having your own experience”. I unreservedly agree with that. I lived as a faithful Mormon for forty two years. That religion, the Mormon Church, was established upon Joseph Smith’s mystical, spiritual experiences. The problem with ‘prophets’ like that are they don’t want to share with you how to have your own spiritual, and mystical, connection to God, or the Universe, like they have. They want you to depend on them for your salvation. They crave to be the ‘middle man’ between you and God. They want to receive revelations for you instead of you having divination for yourself. (Polygamy is a perfect example of this!) That was the belief system I grew up in, and believed in, for four decades.

          It wasn’t until I was completely broken physically, spiritually, and emotionally, that I had the comprehension, I was truly in control of my own life, my future, and my destiny. I was 100% responsible for my Life, no one else! If I was despondent it was up to me to fix it! Now that I had all of my power back, I could clearly see that, naively, I had given all of my power away to outside influences, blaming them for my unhappiness. Finally, I was able to look closely at, and investigate, my beliefs, my values, and my viewpoints on Life with unbiased eyes. I had reached rock bottom. I thought I had nothing left to lose. Surprisingly, in the end, I would lose my religion; which in turn, helped me lose my fear of God, and my fear of death. Those were two magnificently powerful presents! They unlocked, opened, and freed my mind.   
          
           Challenging my beliefs was as scary as Hell. Because in my religion, of course that is where I will be going when I die. Since I have abandoned the church, it is most likely that I will spend all of eternity with Satan instead of my family. As a Mormon, it is made perfectly clear that apostates are in Satan’s power. Apostates are considered ‘servants of Satan’. The Oxford English dictionary defines apostate as, “a person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle.” However, the Greek meaning of the word is more accurate for my situation. In Greek, an apostate means “a runaway slave”. I am definitely an apostate. I have forsaken the religion of my childhood and escaped the indoctrinating slavery to which I was once bound. This type of ‘slavery’ is a mental slavery tied to man-made religions.

          The threat of eternal damnation is why it was extremely hard for me to re-examine my deeply held, ingrained beliefs, and to change my way of thinking about them. Threats of eternal damnation are not meant to be taken flippantly or lightly. It was not a hasty decision for me to brazenly discard my once treasured truths and to leave the church. I had to thoroughly look at what I understood concerning Life and ask myself these questions. Why are we here on earth? Who are God, Jesus, and Satan in actuality to me? And, is Hell for real? These are just a few of the doctrines I un-regrettably and un-remorsefully scrutinized. Nothing was off limits once I gave myself permission to honestly reconsider and rethink what I knew about these and other subjects. Now that I have been through the process of giving up what I used to dearly value, truths I once held so close to my heart, I completely understand, and agree, that people who give up their former religious beliefs are some of the bravest and most courageous people in this world!

          Because it is so hard to objectively re-evaluate our own way of life, or way of thinking, I believe not many people question the religions of their upbringing. At first, it is extremely upsetting to awaken; to go against the grain of your deeply held view points on life, and your family’s religious conviction; it can be perilous to your peace of mind and to your mental health. Losing friends, family, and a comfortably familiar way of life is not for the weak-willed person. It takes true audacity, nerve, and valor to stand alone. I was terrified to leave the well worn path of Mormonism for one that was new, unfamiliar, and unproven. Nonetheless, I left. Leaving was the beginning of my awakening to the truth of who I am. It guided me to the discovery of my authentic self; it led me to the realization of the certainty of who I am. I AM Peace, I AM Divine Love, I AM Joy, and I AM Sacred Light. Now, I identify with that Sacred Light within me. That is who I AM. That is my true self, my Sacred Self, my exact identity. It is who you truly are too.

          You will undoubtedly comprehend what it is I stand for, and how I got to these conclusions, if you will continue to follow my story as I share it here in this blog over time. Why is it important for you to hear it? Why does it even matter if I share it? John Dehlin, the founder of Mormon Stories Podcasts, gives a great answer to the question of why we need to share our stories with each other. He started Mormon Stories for people like me to have a place to talk about their Mormon faith, or lack thereof. His web site played an imperative part in my journey to discover the truth about the Mormon Church. Mormon Stories FB communities were also a huge support for me in the beginning of my transitioning out of the church. I made many friends in those groups. They will always hold a special place in my heart for all of their support, and encouragement, at that time in my life, to know I wasn’t alone in the process of leaving religion was priceless. This quote from Anna Grace Taylor sums up my feelings about my fellow ex-Mormons, she says, “Some people appear in your life when you need them the most. They love you and lift you up, reminding you of the best, even when you are going through the worst. These people are not just friends, they are Earth Angels.” I don’t know that I could have gotten through the pain of the church’s deception without the support from others who had already been through it. Their compassion was precious and priceless to me!

          John was called to a disciplinary Council in January of 2015. That is what the church does when they are going to either excommunicate, or discipline a member in some way. At the end of his ‘court of love’ he gave a statement to the press, and to those waiting for him outside of the church building. John Dehlin magnificently spoke exactly what I feel, he said, “…I settled on the name Mormon Stories because I had come to believe in the power of stories. Before we tell our stories we sit alone in the darkness, suffering, thinking we are the only ones, thinking we are crazy, feeling broken. But there is power in story. In telling our stories, we decide to come out of the darkness to come out of our closets. In telling our stories, we begin the journey of discovering and revealing our authentic selves. It is a lifelong endeavor because our stories don’t end with their original story telling. The journey of authenticity, self discovery, and self empowerment often begin with the telling of our story. In telling our stories, and listening to the stories of others, we learn new information, new approaches, and new perspectives……” On Tuesday Feb 10th, 2015 John Dehlin was officially excommunicated from the Mormon Church for apostasy. I too have come to believe in the power of sharing our stories. That is why I am willing to lay my Life, my heart, and my Soul out in the open for everyone to see and to judge. However, I do want to be clear, this story I’m telling through my book and my blog is not who I am. It is important for all of us to verbalize our stories and to speak our truth in order to help others to awaken and to become aware. But, it is just as crucial not to become attached to the stories we tell. They are not who we are. They are just the experiences we have encountered while floating along on this beautiful, graceful river called ‘Life’. Letting go of our stories is just as vital as telling them. Writing and sharing my story is helping me to ‘let it go’ as well.

          I love the work of Caroline de Lisser. She writes amazing poems, eloquently speaking my hearts cherished feelings. In a FB post she shared in 2015 she said, “We don’t need to save people, everyone is connected, everyone is an expression of God/Goddess. We cannot enlighten what is already intrinsically enlightened at its core, the words shared from our higher self can only trigger others to remember what they already know, but when we embody divine presence…… we reach people on that deeper soul level where the truth of our divine connection manifests. When we embody the truth of who we are the whole collective moves with us in that direction, we enable the false masks of others to drop by our mere presence.” My objective and purpose for candidly sharing my story is first and foremost to repair my wounded Soul from the devastation it experienced when I learned that all I had been taught, and was teaching my children, was in fact a lie. In these posts, I am writing what I have not been able to say to my extended family, my friends, my children, or my husband, but which must be spoken by my lips in order for my broken heart to heal. Secondly, my intention is to assist others in awakening to the awareness that they are already enlightened beings illuminated with a majestic, Sacred Light from deep within them.

          My main message is that we are more than just the body, the mind, our past, our future, our possessions, and our experiences in Life, so much more! We are intensely connected to a power greater than us, whatever name you wish to call that power doesn't matter, and it is always available for us to employ.  Anita Moorjani said it so excellently in her book, Dying to be Me. She says, “In truth, I’m not my body, my race, religion, or other beliefs, and neither is anyone else. The real self is infinite and much more powerful, a complete and whole entity that isn’t broken or damaged in any way. The infinite me already contains all the resources I need to navigate through life, because I’m One with Universal energy. In fact, I AM Universal energy.” This is what I have been able to discover as well since journeying on this mystical, spiritual path; we are all one with Universal energy, the void, the zero point, the Divine, and that is what we will all return to when the body ceases to function. I have faith that this blog will be of assistance to facilitate that ‘remembering’ for someone, because this truth is staggeringly important to realize. The assurance is we are only Divine Love energy and Sacred Light energy, which makes us fabulously and enormously powerful!    

          I hope you will continue to walk with me over this next year as I go on sharing my story and my struggles. Even though I have realized this truth about myself, it doesn't mean I am perfect at living it. This past year was absolutely the hardest year of my life so far because of the deception, greed, betrayal, and darkness that crept into it. I will be sharing the trials and triumph's as I make my way back to living an authentic life once again. 

Namaste!

www.iamsacredlight.com
www.sacredlights.net
www.secretsfromtheuniverse.blogspot.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpZXFp40f4k40LYshzXyl2Q

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sacred Secretion

The story of Santa Claus(trum).

The Mystery of Naronia