The Gathering of the Shamans

Within every woman there is a wild and natural creature, a powerful force, filled with good instincts, passionate creativity, and ageless knowing. Her name is Wild Woman... but she is an endangered species. ~ Women Who Run With Wolves

I had the opportunity to go to the Gathering of the Shamans at the Mago retreat center in Sedona, AZ the first week of May 2018. Many incredible shamanic teachers gathered to share their wisdom and knowledge, Don Miguel Ruiz, his two sons, Don Miguel Jr. and Don Jose, Linda Starwolf, Allen Hardman, HeatherAsh Amara, just to name a few, and many others, with whom I sat at their feet and learned great shamanic truths by practicing new techniques for journeying and shamanic breath work. It was an incredible week for me. I went two days before the conference, and stayed two days after, so that I could explore incredible parts of AZ with my sister. Our first stop was the Hopi Cultural Center. We were in sync every step of the way, letting Spirit guide our footsteps. We ended up in Old Oraibi seeking a guide and spirit lead us to the perfect man, and the perfect experience. 

Our guide took us on a tour of his ancient village. People have been living here for thousands of years on the same small, sacred spot of land, building homes upon the ruins of their ancestors. We were literally walking on pottery shards from several centuries past. He let us pick out a few to keep. They are a treasure to me. The only way to see this rich history is with a guide from someone who lives in the village. (The old church stands in ruins, built by early Christians hoping to convert the Hopi people to their ways when it actually should have been the other way around. The Hopi have so much they could teach us if we would be open to their ways!) 
In an unexpected turn of events, after a conversation about their basic beliefs at the end of the tour of the village, our guide offered to take us to the Hopi prophecy rock. This was not on our agenda; we had no expectation for such a wonderful opportunity to see their sacred prophecy rock, but we were thrilled to be granted access to this beautiful Hopi treasure with our guide.

The Hopi prophecy rock is amazing! There are a few various interpretations of it; my sister and our guide shared their points of view on its sacred meaning. For me, this rock is a remarkable piece of history, culture, and it is a living testimony of the lineage of shamans who still speak to us though these sacred symbols carved in, or painted on rocks, and in caves, all over the world; encouraging all of humanity to live our best life. Being on this sacred ground was so inspiring to me. This beautiful spot in nature is as sacred as any temple, shrine, or mosque. 


    (One interpretation of the prophecy rock. "The large human figure on the left is the Great Spirit. The bow in his left hand represents his instructions to the Hopi to lay down their weapons. The vertical line to the right of the Great Spirit is a time scale in thousands of years. The point at which the great Spirit touches the line is the time of his return.The "life path" established by the Great Spirit divides into the lower, narrow path of continuous Life in harmony with nature and the wide upper road of white man's scientific achievements. The bar between the paths, above the cross, is the coming of white men; the Cross is that of Christianity. The circle below the cross represents the continuous Path of Life. The four small human figures on the upper road represent, on one level, the past three worlds and the present; on another level, the figures indicate that some of the Hopi will travel the white man's path, having been seduced by its glamour. The two circles on the lower Path of Life are the "great shaking of the earth" (World Wars One and Two). The swastika in the sun and the Celtic cross represent the two helpers of Pahana, the True White Brother. The short line that returns to the straight Path of Life is the last chance for people to turn back to nature before the upper road disintegrates and dissipates. The small circle above the Path of Life, after the last chance, is the Great Purification, after which corn will grow in abundance again when the Great Spirit returns. And the Path of Life continues forever... The Hopi shield in the lower right corner symbolizes the Earth and the Four-Corners area where the Hopi have been reserved. The arms of the cross also represent the four directions in which they migrated according to the instructions of the Great Spirit. The dots represent the four colors of Hopi corn, and the four racial colors of humanity." We Are All Related by Dr. Allen Ross)

    My sister and I both had incredible spiritual experiences while standing in the presence of the Hopi Prophecy Rock. I will hold those moments in time as precious and priceless for the rest of my life. You never know when spirit will reach out and touch your soul in a way so profound you will never be the same again. This trip to the Hopi prophecy rock was one of those special, sacred moments for me. It was truly life changing; initiating and attuning me for my greater purpose as a Universal Shaman.


    There was something about standing in that sacred space that changed me on a soul level. It wasn't until a few days later during shamanic breath work that I got my first answer to why I was so deeply touched by the Hopi prophecy rock. Then, on our last day at the Gathering of the Shamans, I got the full picture for what it means to me as a practicing Universal Shaman. Christopher Penczak said, "The term shaman has become a catch phrase for some basic techniques and concepts found worldwide, regardless of the tribe, culture, or religion that surrounds it. This perpetuates the idea of tools for 'core shamanism' that can be used by anyone, because they appear to be universal". That is what I have been learning and practicing for the last 5 years on my own, sacred shamanic path, universal core techniques that can be used by anyone to connect deeper with Spirit and their Higher Consciousness. 

    The Gathering of the Shamans was a beautiful remembering into a deeper layer of my Sacred Light, my Sacred Self, my Wild Woman, my Shamanic Soul, the Wise Crone I am becoming, helping me awaken more to the truth of who I am; and, who I am is a powerful Warrior Goddess, who is ready to let her light shine and bring a little more peace into this world. 


    Aho!

    (copy and paste links)
    My website:
    www.sacredlights.net

    My book:
    www.iamsacredlight.com

    My YouTube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpZXFp40f4k40LYshzXyl2Q?view_as=subscriber

      My sister's book:
        https://www.amazon.com/New-Vision-Mystery-Gospel-Revealed-ebook/dp/B0118B7RPU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527448507&sr=8-1&keywords=a+new+vision

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sacred Secretion

The story of Santa Claus(trum).

The Mystery of Naronia